While consistently changing the oil every 3000-5000 miles is key to a healthy car, there are other fluids that need some attention every now and then too. We can help you with those as well.
- Coolant Fluid: Your car can get very hot after the engine has been running for a while. Cars rely on Coolant fluid to keep the engine from overheating. Depending on the car you drive, there are vastly different maintenance schedules for when this fluid should be changed. At Excel, we check the level of your fluid to see how you are doing and can determine whether or not it is time for a flush.
- Power Steering Fluid: As the name would suggest, this is indeed the fluid in the power steering system. While typically not a fluid most people think to change, it is a very important part of your car.
- Brake Fluid: The braking system can build up a sludge over time if the fluid isn’t flushed and replaced periodically. Each car has it’s own maintenance schedule so how often this service needs to be done varies. What doesn’t vary is the fact that this is a critical fluid to maintain.
- Transmission Fluid: The easiest way to avoid very expensive transmission repairs is to regularly flush the transmission fluid and replace it. The interval between transmission fluid changes is much longer than oil changes. If you are wondering if this service is due ask us and we would be happy to assess the health of your fluid.
- Motor Flush: Over time, sludge can build up in your engine and cause problems with functionality and damage if not removed. Cars with high mileage or unknown service records could benefit from a motor flush to help protect major components inside your engine block.